Bitter melon or Momordica charantia,Bitter gourd,bitter apple,wild cucumber,bitter cucumber,balsam pear,karela.
- Basic Botanical Data of Momordica charantia.
- Plant Description of Momordica charantia.
- Phytochemicals and Constituents of Momordica charantia.
- Purification and characterization of Charantin.
- Charantin and Blood sugar management.
- Momordica charantia and Its Fame.
- Actions And Properties in Brief.
- Suggestions and Pharmakon Use of Momordica charantia.
- Momordica charantia Class.
- Photo Gallery of Momordica charantia.
Charantin and Blood sugar management.:
Momordica charantia (bitter melon) is a proven hypoglycemic agent. One of the active principles responsible for this action is charantin, which is composed of a mixture of beta-sitosterol-beta-D-glucoside and 5,25 stigmadien-3-beta-ol glycoside. It is therefore important that the extract be standardized for both total bitter principles and charantin.
Momordica charantia is a potential herbal alternative for blood sugar management, particularly in non-insulin dependent diabetes. An extract standardized for all the active principles would have proven efficacy in this regard.
The standardized extract of Momordica charantia, contains bitter principles and charantin.
- 1.Bitter melon or Momordica charantia,Bitter gourd,bitter apple,wild cucumber,bitter cucumber,balsam pear,karela.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: