Salvia miltiorrhiza and Salvia Species:identification,traditional use,application research of Radix Salvia miltiorrhiza and its useful fraction components.
- Basic Botanical Data of Radix Salvia miltiorrhiza.
- Salvia and the History of Microcirculation Research in China.
- Status of Salvia In Ancient Chinese Medicine:Radix Salvia miltiorrhiza as the heart-mind stimulator.
- Active Constituents and phytochemicals of Radix Salvia miltiorrhiza.
- What is Tanshinone IIA? Application and function of Tanshinone IIA.
- Application research of Radix Salvia miltiorrhiza and its useful fraction and components.
- More About Sage Family.:History,Key Actions,Key Components,Medicinal Parts,Remedies,Traditional Uses of Sage Family world wide.
- Dosage, Toxicity,And Adverse Effects of Danshen.
- Photo Gallery of Salvia miltiorrhiza.
Basic Botanical Data of Radix Salvia miltiorrhiza.:
Chemical Name: Tanshinones,Tanshinone IIA,etc.
Botanical Source:Radix Salvia miltiorrhiza; Salvia miltiorrhiza B. (Salvia miltiorrhiza BUNGE,Labiatae,Tanshen)
Botanical Synoms:Red-Rooted Salvia,Dan Shen,chinese danshen,Red Sage,red sage root,Red-rooted Sage,Chinese sage,Red Ginseng,Tan-Shen,Tzu Tan-Ken(roots of purple sage),Hung Ken(red roots),Shu-Wei Ts'ao(rat-tail grass),Ch'ih Shen(scarlet sage),Pin-Ma Ts'ao(horse-racing grass).,if still not clear, please read:
Differentiation from transliteration:the Wade-Giles transliteration of danshen is tan-shen,hence the quinones from Radix Salvia miltiorrhiza(danshen) were called tanshinones,others such as tanshinone IIA,etc.
Plant Part Used:Root.
Botanical Scientific Name:Salvia miltiorrhiza; Salvia miltiorrhiza B.
Salvia(chinese danshen)here refers to the root of Salvia miltiorrhiza (Figure as following:Salvia Root,Radix Salvia miltiorrhiza), sometimes described as Chinese sage or red sage root. Any herb of the Salvia genus may be called sage, but most people are familiar with the common garden plant-and the common Western kitchen herb-obtained from Salvia officinalis. There are significant differences in medicinal components of the tops and roots of the Salvia plants that influence their uses. The Western sage leaves are used medicinally to treat dyspepsia and excessive perspiration. The tops of Salvia plebia (lichicao) and the whole plant of Salvia chinensis (shijianchuan) are used medicinally by the Chinese, but infrequently; the former is said to treat bleeding and turbid urine, the latter treats swellings and infections. Salvia root (danshen), as employed in Chinese medicine and the subject of the rest of this article, is different in nature from the other sage herbs, despite the botanical relationship.
Narrative and differentiation and Name Identification of Sage Spectrum Family:
1.Salvia officinalis(Common names:Sage, Garden Sage, Salvia, Meadow Sage; Spanish: Salvia, Alhucerna de la Costa, T?de Mar, Yerba de Santa Maria, Chia, Mejorana, Mirto, Salvia Real, Salvia Virgen; Nahuatl: Chianzotzolli)
2.Salvia miltiorrhiza(Common names:Red-Rooted Salvia,Dan Shen,chinese danshen,Red Sage,red sage root,Red-rooted Sage,Chinese sage,Red Ginseng,Salvia miltiorrhiza BUNGE,Salvia miltiorrhiza B.etc.)
3.Salvia microphylla(Red Texas Sage,Mirto,Salvia,Chia,T de Monte)
4.Salvia sclarea(Clary Sage,Clear Eye)
5.Salvia triloba(Greek Sage,Three-Lobed Sage,Turkish Sage)
- 1.Salvia miltiorrhiza and Salvia Species:identification,traditional use,application research of Radix Salvia miltiorrhiza and its useful fraction components.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: