What is horsetail(Equisetum arvense (L)) and it's super function?
- Botanical Basic Information of Horsetail.
- Common horsetail Plant description.
- Horsetail origin and species.
- Part Used Medicinally of horsetail.
- Constituents and Phytochemicals of Horsetail.
- Applications of Horsetail Products.
- Therapeutics and Pharmacology of Horsetail.
- Action,Medical Uses,and Administrations of Horsetail.
- Horsetail from Ancient to Modern times.
- Photo Gallery of Equisetum arvense.
- Horsetail or Equisetum arvense Research.
Applications and Properties:
Ease the pain of rheumatism and stimulate the healing of chilblains.
Benefit for cardiovascular problems.
functional cosmetic and hair remedy.
Silicon from horsetail promotes the growth and stability of the skeletal structure.
Used for conjunctivitis (inflammation of the conjunctiva, the clear membrane that coats the inner aspect of the eyelids and the outer surface of the eye) due to pathogenic wind-heat, nebula.
Equisetum is an excellent genito-urinary system astringent. mild diuretic treatment of frequency of urination,incontinence and bed-wetting in children,metabolic or hormonal oedema during the menopause,inflammation or benign enlargement of the prostate gland.
Dosage:Cold water infusion:1 tablespoon per cup of water for 10 hours or 5 minute decoction followed by 15 minute infusion;or 1:1 fresh + dry liquid extract: 20-60 drops 1-4 times per day in a little water. Note: It is best used as a tea.
Safety and Toxicity:
Contraindications:Chronic ingestion of this herb can decrease the level of thiamin or B1 due to thiaminase content. Beriberi is the sign of chronic toxicity. This herb should not be consumed long term or by pregnant women. The diuretic effect can cause loss of potassium.
- What is horsetail(Equisetum arvense (L)) and it's super function?
♥The article and literature were edited by Herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals, including comprehensive information related, summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website https://www.mdidea.com and https://www.mdidea.net, we tried to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: