Horny Goat Weed or Epimedium Herb:Botanical Origin,Archeology,Traditional and Pharmacological findings of Epimedium species,fractions and isolated components.
- Botanical info of Horny Goat Weed or Epimedium.
- Botanical Origin:What is Herba Epimedii?
- Archeology:How did Horny Goat Weed get its name?
- Mechanism of Action:How Does Horny Goat Weed Work?
- Horny Goat Weed:Salvation Weed For Male Sex Lives.
- Epimedium Herb and its Traditional Applications.
- Applicational pharmacological findings of Epimedium species,fractions and isolated components.
- Cautions,Side Effects and Toxicity of Epimedium Herb.
- A Tradition from Erxian Tang:Two Immortals Decoction?
- Phytochemicals and Constituents of Herba Epimedii.
- How Search engine think about Horny Goat Weed.
- Research update literature of Epimedium species,fractions and components.
- Photo Gallery of Epimedium Herb.
Epimedium Herb and its Traditional Applications.:
Being sweet and warm, it can tonify the kidney and invigorate yang; being pungent and warm, it can also dispel pathogenic wind and dampness. Being stronger in tonifying the kidney and strengthening uscles and bones, it serves to treat syndromes of impotence due to kidney-deficiency, infertility due to uterine coldness, wind-dampness with arthralgia, and weak extreties. In spite of weaker dryness than Rhizoma Curculiginis, it still can pair yin and help yang. So it should be used cautiously.
1. For lumbago due to kidney-deficiency, impotence and infertility due to sperm coldness, it is often used with Fructus Lycii, Radix Morindae Officinalis, Radix Rehmanniae Pareparata, Radix Acontit, etc., to tonify the kidney, strengthen yang and supplement esssence and blood.
2. For climateric irregular menstruation, fluctuation of blood pressure, and functional uterine bleeding in the type of deficiency of kidney-yang, it is often used with Rhizoma Curculiginis, Radix Angelicae Sinensis, Rhizoma Anemarrhenae and Cortex Phellodendri to regulate and tonify yin and yang, and to nourish blood and modulate menstruation.
3. For chronic arthralgia, low immunity, cold pain and lassitude in the loins and knees, it is often used with Radix Morindae Officinalis, Ramulus Loranthi, Radix Achyranthis, Cortex Eucommiae, Radix Dipsaci, etc., to dispel wind-dampness and strengthen muscles and bones.
- 1.Horny Goat Weed or Epimedium Herb:Botanical Origin,Archeology,Traditional and Pharmacological findings of Epimedium species,fractions and isolated components.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: