Ursolic acid:Actions,Commonly Known Benefit and Research.
- Basic Chemical Info.
- Basic Introduction and Botanical Info.
- Actions and Chemistry of Ursolic Acid.
- Commonly Known Benefit of Ursolic Acid.
- Pentacyclic Triterpenes (PCTs) as Inhibitors of Inflammation.
- Safety and Toxicity for Ursolic Acid.
- Administration and Dosage.
- Research Update of Ursolic acid.
- Photo Gallery of Ursolic acid Botanical Source
Applications and Properties:
Inhibition of Tumor Promotion in skin.
Hair Growth Stimulant.
Skin and hair beauty.
Alopecia-preventing and dandruff-preventing effects:Both triterpenoid compounds Ursolic acid and its isomer, oleanolic acid encourage hair growth by stimulating the peripheral blood flow in the scalp and activating the hair mother cells. They also furnish alopecia-preventing and dandruff-preventing effects.
Dosage:50~100 mgs daily.
Safety and Toxicity:
Ursolic acid is an ideal cosmetic ingredient because its overall toxicity (both chronic and acute) is low. It is not a primary irritant or sensitizer. In fact, it has been termed dermatologically innocuous.
Acute toxicity (LD50):Ursolic acid.LD50-Lethal dose,50 percent death.Intraperitoneal.Rodent-mouse >637mg/kg.LD50-Lethal dose,50 percent death.Oral.Rodent-mouse.8.33grams(8330 mg)/kg.
- Ursolic acid:Actions,Commonly Known Benefit and Research.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: