Wild Yam.Dioscorea villosa and Phytochemicals.
- Botanical Basic data of Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa.
- Botanical Description of Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa.
- Properties of Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa.
- Wild Yam and Its Phytochemicals.
- Discover of disgenin from Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa.
- Food and Pharmaceutical Uses of Wild Yam:Huai Shan Yao.
- What is hormone banlancing mechanism? Wild Yam act as hormone balancer,diosgenin as substitution of progesterone.
- Breast Enlargement effect of Diosgenin as phytoestrogens.
- Why should Women Use Wild Yam?
- Therapeutic Action,Pharmacology and application of Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa and diosgenin.
- Dosage Recomments,Safety Toxicity and Administrations.
- Conclusions and summary.
- Final report of the amended safety assessment of Dioscorea Villosa Wild Yam root extract.
- Uses based on scientific evidence.
- Diosgenin and Wild Yam Research Update.
- Dioscorea Use in Chinese Medicine.
- How Search engine think about Diosgenin and Yam.
- Research update.
- Photo Gallery of Dioscorea villosa.
Applications and Properties:
Hormone balancer,substitution of progesterone.
Arrest postmenopausal bone loss,prevent osteoporosis.
Reduce the pathology of hip and radius fractures.
Stop illness or death from coronary artery disease.
Relieve the symptoms of menopause.
Enlarge breast and show good appearance.
Dioscorea has traditionally been used for easing menstrual cramps and for threatened miscarriage. Its antispasmodic action makes it good for flatulence and colic caused by muscle spasm.
Dosage:Daily intake of up to 9-30 grams of dry root for decoction, or even 250 grams of dry root decoction.Dried root: 2-4 grams or 1-2 teaspoons daily in 2-3 divided doses has been used. 250 mgs of wild yam extract powder 1-3 times daily, or 450-900 mgs per day of dioscorea extract from wild yam.
Safety and Toxicity:
Acute toxicity (LD50):Disgenin(Nitogenin).LD50-Lethal dose,50 percent kill.Oral.Rodent-rat.>8 gm(8000mg)/kg.Details of toxic effects not reported other than lethal dose value.
- Wild Yam.Dioscorea villosa and Phytochemicals.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: