Wild Yam.Dioscorea villosa and Phytochemicals.
- Botanical Basic data of Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa.
- Botanical Description of Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa.
- Properties of Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa.
- Wild Yam and Its Phytochemicals.
- Discover of disgenin from Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa.
- Food and Pharmaceutical Uses of Wild Yam:Huai Shan Yao.
- What is hormone banlancing mechanism? Wild Yam act as hormone balancer,diosgenin as substitution of progesterone.
- Breast Enlargement effect of Diosgenin as phytoestrogens.
- Why should Women Use Wild Yam?
- Therapeutic Action,Pharmacology and application of Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa and diosgenin.
- Dosage Recomments,Safety Toxicity and Administrations.
- Conclusions and summary.
- Final report of the amended safety assessment of Dioscorea Villosa Wild Yam root extract.
- Uses based on scientific evidence.
- Diosgenin and Wild Yam Research Update.
- Dioscorea Use in Chinese Medicine.
- How Search engine think about Diosgenin and Yam.
- Research update.
- Photo Gallery of Dioscorea villosa.
Properties of Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa.:
Properties of Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa.:
Wild Yam is edible and medicinal,though said to be bland, when cooked with seasoning it is tasty. Used for centuries as a medicinal herb by the Aztec and Myan peoples for a wide range of ailments including many female problems and to relieve the pain of child birth. Research indicates that this is a powerful alternative medicine containing many steroidal saponins,mainly Dioscin which is widely used to manufacture progesterone and other steroid drugs used as contraceptives and in the treatment of various disorders of the genitary organs as well as in other diseases such as asthma and arthritis.
Other constituents Phytosterols (beta-sitosterol), alkaloids and Tannins make this plant useful as an antiinflammatory, antispasmodic, cholagogue, diaphoretic and vasodilator.
A decoction of the root is used to alleviate many of the symptoms of menopause and PMS such as hot flashes, night sweats, mood changes, and vaginal dryness. It is also used to treat irritable bowel syndrome, gastritis, gall bladder complaints, spasmodic cramps, painful menstruation, and in small doses is especially helpful in treating the nausea of pregnant women.
Uses based on tradition or theory:
The below uses are based on tradition or scientific theories. They often have not been thoroughly tested in humans, and safety and effectiveness have not always been proven. Some of these conditions are potentially serious, and should be evaluated by a qualified healthcare provider.
Antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, asthma, bile flow improvement, biliary colic, breast cancer, breast enlargement, cancer prevention, cardiovascular disease, childbirth, cramps, croup, decreased perspiration, diverticulitis, expectorant, flatus prevention, energy improvement, excessive perspiration, intestinal spasm, irritable bowel syndrome, joint pain, libido, liver protection, low blood sugar, menopause, menstrual pain or irregularities, morning sickness, nerve pain, osteoporosis, pelvic cramps, pancreatic enzyme inhibitor, postmenopausal vaginal dryness, premenstrual syndrome, rash, spasms, urinary tract disorders, uterus contraction, vomiting.
Indicated for: Relaxing muscles, soothing nerves and relieving pain. Uterine tonic. Menstrual cramps. Allaying colic and flatulence caused by muscle spasms; for poor circulation and neuralgia; for the inflammatory stage of rheumatory arthritis; and for abdominal and intestinal cramping. Wild Yam can be very beneficial for nervousness, restlessness and other nervous conditions. As a stimulant for increased bile flow, it helps to relieve hepatic congestion, bilious colic, gallstones, kidney and gallbladder problems and rheumatic conditions.
- Wild Yam.Dioscorea villosa and Phytochemicals.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: