Wild Yam.Dioscorea villosa and Phytochemicals.
- Botanical Basic data of Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa.
- Botanical Description of Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa.
- Properties of Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa.
- Wild Yam and Its Phytochemicals.
- Discover of disgenin from Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa.
- Food and Pharmaceutical Uses of Wild Yam:Huai Shan Yao.
- What is hormone banlancing mechanism? Wild Yam act as hormone balancer,diosgenin as substitution of progesterone.
- Breast Enlargement effect of Diosgenin as phytoestrogens.
- Why should Women Use Wild Yam?
- Therapeutic Action,Pharmacology and application of Wild Yam.Dioscorea Villosa and diosgenin.
- Dosage Recomments,Safety Toxicity and Administrations.
- Conclusions and summary.
- Final report of the amended safety assessment of Dioscorea Villosa Wild Yam root extract.
- Uses based on scientific evidence.
- Diosgenin and Wild Yam Research Update.
- Dioscorea Use in Chinese Medicine.
- How Search engine think about Diosgenin and Yam.
- Research update.
- Photo Gallery of Dioscorea villosa.
Uses based on scientific evidence.:
Animal studies have shown that wild yam can reduce absorption of cholesterol from the gut. Early studies in humans have shown changes in the levels of certain sub-types of cholesterol, including decreases in low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or "bad cholesterol") and triglycerides,and increases in high-density lipoprotein (HDL, or "good cholesterol"). However, no changes in the total amount of blood cholesterol have been found. More studies are needed in this area.
Most studies have not shown a benefit from wild yam given by mouth or used as a vaginal cream, in reducing menopausal symptoms. However, replacing two thirds of staple food with yam for 30 days was shown to improve the status of sex hormones, lipids, and antioxidants in a recent study in postmenopausal women. The authors suggest that these effects might reduce the risk of breast cancer and cardiovascular diseases in postmenopausal women. Further research is needed before a recommendation can be made.
Hormonal properties (to mimic estrogen, progesterone, or DHEA):
Despite popular belief, no natural progestins, estrogens, or other reproductive hormones are found in wild yam. Its active ingredient, diosgenin, is not converted to hormones in the human body. Artificial progesterone has been added to some wild yam products. The belief that there are hormones in wild yam may be due to the historical fact that progesterone, androgens, and cortisone were chemically manufactured from Mexican wild yam in the 1960s.
Beauty Uses of Wild Yam:
Dioscorea villosa Extract is commonly known as Wild Yam Extract,a powder extract derived from the dry rhizoma of Dioscorea villosa.Usually found wild in the eastern half of North America, Wild Yam is a perennial plant and can be used for a variety of women's issues including menstrual irregularity, menstrual cramps and menopause.Wild Yam helps support the female system, particularly during menstrual distress and menopause. It also helps support the liver, and has toning and nourishing actions.Can be made into drink or tinctures for related applications.Wild Yam has been traditionally used for women's issues such as menstrual irregularity, menstrual cramps and menopause. It is also used to help in toning and nourishing the liver.Can be formulated packed into capsules.
Wild yam extract,the roots of wild yams were used in the first commercial production of oral contraceptives, topical hormones, androgens, estrogens, progesterones, and other sex hormones. Diosgenin, a component of wild yam, is promoted as a natural precursor to dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). Some wild-yam products are promoted as "natural DHEA." Although diosgenin can be converted to steroidal compounds, including DHEA, in the laboratory, this chemical synthesis does not occur in the human body. So taking wild-yam extracts will not increase DHEA levels in humans. There is no research showing wild yam has any effectiveness when applied topically on skin. If anything, the studies that do exist have demonstrated that topical application of wild yam has little to no effect on menopausal symptoms.
- Wild Yam.Dioscorea villosa and Phytochemicals.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: