Wolfberry and Wolfberry extract.
- Basic Character and identification of Wolfberry.
- Plant Description of Wolfberry.
- Stem Cultivation,Seed reproduce,Fruit Preparation and Root Preparation of wolfberry.
- PhytoChemical Content of chinese wolfberry.
- Application and General Value of Wolfberry:
- 1.Character and Efficacy of chinese wolfberry.
- 2.Constituents and Pharmacology of wolfberry.
- 3.Ancient Medicine for Overall Wellbeing.
- 4.Natural Multi-nutrients of chinese wolfberry.
- 5.Function of Wolfberry Extracts and Wolfberry polysaccharides.
- 6.Wolfberry Extracts as good tumor inhibitor:Cancer prevention.
- 7.Wolfberry Extracts as good old man remedy.
- 8.Wolfberry Extracts as good kidney remedy.
- 9.Ancient literature registered wolfberry as a kind of herb medicine for anti-age.
- 10.Liver protection of Wolfberry Extracts.
- 11.Wolfberry and wolfberry extracts act as good remedy for hairdressing and skin care.
- 12.Wolfberry as good Hemopoiesis promoter.
- 13.Vision improvement function of wolfberry and wolfberry extracts.
- 14.Cholesterol reducer of wolfberry and wolfberry extracts.
- 15.Anti-aging function of wolfberry and wolfberry extracts.
- Functional Dosages of chinese wolfberry.
- Functional common taken method of chinese wolfberry.
- Safety and Acute Toxicity of LBP and LbGp.
- Where to source the best quality Chinese Wolfberry?
- How Search engine think about lycium?
- Wolfberry:Research Update
- Photo Gallery of Lycium barbarum.
4.13.Vision improvement function of wolfberry and wolfberry extracts.:
Antioxidant of wolfberry could act effectively increase effects of blood vessle and capillary.This protect could help to decrease blood pressure,anti blood aggregation, reduce swelland sediments in blood,so make blood flow more good.Also wolfberry and wolfberry extracts could increase blood platelet and decrease bleeding of wound damage,increase blood flow activity and decrease cholesterol,so could be best choice as antioxidant.And best for stable antioxidant ability of capillary,prompt formation of collagen,prompt circulation of blood,and increase antioxidant ability of blood vessel.
Taurine from wolfberry could be better for brain ability improvement and antioxidant,short of taurine may lead to growth dysfunction,and dysfunction of cerebel.
Wolfberry fruits were very popular for their vision improvement properties in ancient China. Modern Chinese scientists found wolfberry fruits reduce dark adapting time and improve vision under subdued light.
Physiologic scotoma decreased and vitamin A increased in patients after taking wolfberry fruits. Many scientists believe wolfberry contains more beta-carotene than carrots, which may attribute to this fact.
Eye Benefit:in a randomised, single-blind cross-over study, twelve volunteers are given native 3R,3'R-zeaxanthin palmitate from wolfberry (Lycium barbarum) (5 mg) with balanced breakfast,plasma 3R,3'R-zeaxanthin concentrations increased significantly (P=0.05) and peaked after 9-24 h,and the study indicates an enhanced bioavailability of 3R,3'R-zeaxanthin dipalmitate compared with the non-esterified form,for related background,Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is one of the most common eye diseases of elderly individuals. It has been suggested that lutein and zeaxanthin may reduce the risk for AMD. Information concerning the absorption of non-esterified or esterified zeaxanthin is rather scarce. Furthermore, the formation pathway of meso (3R,3'S)-zeaxanthin, which does not occur in plants but is found in the macula, has not yet been identified(73.).Relative study proposed that Wolfberry is rich in zeaxanthin dipalmitate,supplementation trial shows that zeaxanthin in whole wolfberries is bioavailable and that intake of a modest daily amount markedly increases fasting plasma zeaxanthin levels.Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a common disorder that causes irreversible loss of central vision. Increased intake of foods containing zeaxanthin may be effective in preventing AMD because the macula accumulates zeaxanthin and lutein, oxygenated carotenoids with antioxidant and blue light-absorbing properties(85.).Some relative study on neurodegeneration in the retina of rat OH model find that oral administration of L. barbarum in Sprague-Dawley rats (250-280 g) significantly reduced the loss of RGCs, although elevated IOP was not significantly altered. Rats fed with the 1 mg/kg extract could nearly totally escape from pressure-induced loss of RGCs.For the background, Increase in intraocular pressure (IOP) has been considered to be the major risk factor for the progressive loss of retinal ganglion cells (RGCs) in retina.While attenuation of IOP has been a major pharmaceutical target, reduction of IOP cannot prevent progressive loss of RGCs. In this regard, urgent need for alternative treatment has to be investigated.Lycium barbarum extract may be a potential candidate for the development of neuroprotective drug against the loss of RGCs in glaucoma.Glaucoma is one of the major neurological disorders in eye leading to irreversible blindness in elderly(105.).Some combinative study proposed a herbal recipe combination named Runmushu Oral Liquid(consisted of prepared and crude rehmannia root, figwort, lilyturf root, dendrobium stem, wolfberry fruit, chrysanthemum and sticktight)can alleviate the eye symptoms, prolong the BUT, promote the secretion of tears in treating postmenopausal women xerophthalmia, showing a therapeutic effect superior to that by artificial-tears alone(143.).
- 1.Wolfberry and Wolfberry extract.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: