Capsicum.Cayenne.Red Pepper.Capsicum Annuum and Capsicum Frutescens.
- Botanical Information of Capsicum:Cayenne,Red Pepper.
- Botanical Description of Capsicum,Capsicum spp and Species.
- History of Capsicum:Cayenne,Red Pepper.
- Phytochemicals and Constituents of Capsicum:Cayenne,Red Pepper.
- Images and Classification of peppers.
- Medicinal Action and Common Uses of Capsicum:Cayenne,Red Pepper.
- Capsicum:Mode of Action,Folklore and Cosmetic Uses.
- Applications and Preclinical Studies of Capsicum.Cayenne.Red Pepper.
- Suggestions and Administrations of Capsicium.
- Red Pepper,Cayenne use for Weight Control and Pain Control.
- Research Update:Capsium.
- Photo Gallery of Capsicum.
Applications and Properties:
Great booster of circulatory system.
Aid the viscera and interior actions.
Rich in vitamins and minerals.
Great for energy: for chronic fatigue and mild depression.
Blood Cholesterol Reducer and atherosclerosis prevention.
Stimulate the gal bladder reflex.
Properties and Indications:
Digestive,Hepatic,and Gastrointestinal Functions.
Metabolic and Nutritional Functions.
Neurological,Psychological,and Behavioral Functions.
The Chinese Materia Medica(Zhong Hua Ben Cao) suggested the herb capsicium taste spicy nature hot,enter into the spleen and stomach meridians,functions warming spleen and stomach for dispelling cold,guide Qi to lower-energizer and promote digestion,mainly indicated for stomach coldness and qi stagnation,abdominal distension and distending pain,vomiting,dysentery,rheumatalgia,frostbite.Suggested dosage internally as pills or powder 1~3grams,externally as decoction or paste with proper amount.
Safety and Toxicity:
Use of topical capsaicin by a parent or caretaker of an infant or young child requires special care with hand washing to avoid any direct transfer to the child's mucous membranes.
Overdosage:Toxic dosages lead to life-threatening hypothermia by affecting the thermoreceptors.High doses of the drug(or the herb) administered over extended periods can cause chronic gastritis,kidney damage,liver damage,and neurotoxic effects.The treatment for poisonings proceeds symptomatically.
- 1.Capsicum.Cayenne.Red Pepper.Capsicum Annuum and Capsicum Frutescens.
♥The article and literature were edited by Herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals, including comprehensive information related, summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website https://www.mdidea.com and https://www.mdidea.net, we tried to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: