Gentian root:the root of Gentiana Lutea,a Pure-Yin herb purging intense heat,its botanical introduction,records in ancient classics,therapeutics and pharmacology.
- Botanical Information of Radix Gentianae.
- Description of Gentian:Narrative and Names of Gentian,Collection.
- Phytochemicals and Constituents of Gentian and its parts.
- Properties and Effects of Gentian root.
- Medicinal Action and application of Gentian root.
- Therapeutics and Pharmacology of Gentian root.
- Suggestion and Administration of Gentian Herb.
- Application case study:Inner Purity Formulation with Gentian Herb.
- Gentian Herb:its records in Ancient Classics and Notes from Ancient Herbalists.
- Research Update:Gentian Herb and its derivatives.
- Photo Gallery of Gentiana Herb.
Applications and Properties:
Anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic effect.
Assimilation of fats.
Cooling the system.
Digestive aids and Chronic disease.
Effect on the central nervous system.
Effect on the activity of steroid 4-reductase.
Inhibitory effect on reductase of crystal aldose.
The PDR 4th suggested the herb approved use for "Dyspeptic complaints,Loss of appetite,Flatulence,the drug is used as a tonic and in teas to stimulate bile secretion and alleviate loss of appetite,fullness,and flatulence.Homeopathic uses:yellow gentian is used in homeopathy for digestive disorders."
Action of bitter principles-There are 4 main taste receptors on the tongue -sweet, sour, salt, and bitter. It has been shown that the bitter principles in gentian stimulate the bitter taste receptors on the tongue, causing an increase in the production of saliva and gastric secretions. This in turn stimulates the appetite and improves the action of the digestive system in general.
The Chinese herbal classics Quan Guo Zhong Cao Yao Hui Bian(Collection of Chinese Herbal Medicines) noted the herb Gentian nature and taste bitter cold,enter into the liver and gallbladder meridians,functions clear heat and dry dampness,Purging the liver and gallbladder fire,mainly indicated for problems including jaundice with damp-heat pathogen,swelling of vulva(genital swelling) and pruritus vulvae(pudendal itch),morbid leukorrhea(gynaecological diseases,vaginal discharge,bysubzonal,Leukorrhea),persistent erection,Eczema itching,hot eyes(bloodshot eyes,red eyes,redness of the eyes),epicophosis(deafness,deaf,hearing loss),hypochondriac pain,bitter taste(bitterness in the mouth),convulsion.And suggested dosage 3~6grams,store at a dry place.
Safety and Toxicity:
Acute toxicity:Gentianine.LD50.Lethal dose,50 percent kill.Rodent-mice.Endogastric perfusion.460mg/kg
No reports of serious adverse reactions to gentian have been handed down through centuries of use.In terms of scientific analysis,however,relatively little is known about the herb.
- 1.Gentian root:the root of Gentiana Lutea,a Pure-Yin herb purging intense heat,its botanical introduction,records in ancient classics,therapeutics and pharmacology.
♥The article and literature were edited by Herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals, including comprehensive information related, summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website https://www.mdidea.com and https://www.mdidea.net, we tried to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: