Cuscuta chinensis:Dodder Seed,a tonic herb for Yin nourish and collateral-dredging since ancient China,its introductions,ancient notes and various findings.
- Botanical Information of Cuscuta chinensis,or Dodder Seed.
- Archeology and History of Dodder.
- Botanical Description of Cuscuta chinensis.
- Constituents and Phytochemicals of Dodder Seed.
- Historical Use of Dodder Seed,Ancient Classic Notes from Herbalists.
- Pharmacological Actions of Dodder Seed.
- Dodder Seed:Administration Guide,Dosages,Adverse Effect,Side Effects,Cautions and Safety.
- Research Update:Dodder Seed and its derivatives.
- Photo Gallery of Cuscuta chinensis and Dodder.
Applications and Properties:
Improve Sperm Abnormality.
Improve Chranic Bronchits.
Delay Cataract Formation.
Yang Strengthening Effects.
Gentle tonic for the kidney Yin and Yang.
Tonify liver and kidney,secure essence and reduce urination,
Prevent miscarriage or quiet the fetus,
Remove freckle and spot external.
Failure in nourishing eyes and blurred vision due to yin-deficiency of the liver and kidney.
Protecting the liver.
Sexual function and on the reproductive system.
Other possible applications.
Indicated for deficiency of liver kidney,soreness and weakness of waist and knees,impotence and seminal emission,frequent micturition,vaginal bleeding due to deficiency of the kidney during pregnancy,threatened abortion,eyes faint tinnitus,Spleen and kidney diarrhea of deficiency type,externally used for treatment of leukodermia(white patch wind).
Suggested dosage 6~12 grams internal,externally proper amount.Store at dry and ventilated places place.
Safety and Toxicity:
Acute toxicity: The LD50 of ethanol extracts of Semen Cuscutae injected intradermally (i.d.) into mice was found to be 2.465g/kg.
Precautions:No special precautions are necessary when cuscuta is used in the doses normally prescribed by herbalists.The PDR 4th noted "Health risks or side effects following the proper administration of designated therapeutic dosages are not recorded.It is conceivable that the drug triggers intestinal colic in cases of overdosage."
- 1.Cuscuta chinensis:Dodder Seed,a tonic herb for Yin nourish and collateral-dredging since ancient China,its introductions,ancient notes and various findings.
♥The article and literature were edited by Herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals, including comprehensive information related, summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website https://www.mdidea.com and https://www.mdidea.net, we tried to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: