Cuscuta chinensis.Dodder.Dodder seed extract Pharmacological Actions.
- Botanical Basic Data of Cuscuta chinensis(Dodder).
- Archeology of Dodder.
- Description of Cuscuta chinensis(Dodder).
- Constituents and Phytochemicals of Dodder Seed.
- Historical Use of Dodder Seed.
- Pharmacological Actions of Dodder Seed.
- Dodder Seed extracts as male sexual enhancement material.
- Dodder plant extracts as good cancer inhibitor.
- Tinnitus Relief Formula Material.
- Polysaccharide of Cuscuta Chinesis and its Immunological Adjuvant Effect.
- Vision Formular for Cataract and Glaucoma and Dodder Seed Combination.
- Administration and Dosage.
- Adverse Effect, Side Effects and Cautions,Toxity.
- Research Update:Dodder Seed.
- Photo Gallery of Dodder.
Archeology of Dodder.:
This herb is the ripe seed of Cuscuta chinensis Lam. or Cuscuta japonica Choisy, annual parasitic herb of the family Convolvulaceae. Native to east Asia, the plant is grown in China,Korea and India.
Dodder has always been an unpopular country plant. Dodder is also known as hellweed and devil's guts, due to its tendency to overrun and strangle the plant on which it feeds. This host can be thyme, gorse, or a crop such as beans. Dodder does, however, have medicinal benefits. In his Materia Medica, Dioscorides (1st century AD) noted its use in classical times in combination with honey to purge "black bile" and to lift a melancholy humor. In 1652, the herbalist Nicholas Culpeper similarly recommended dodder "to purge black or burnt choler." Culpeper further stated that dodder plucked off thyme is the most efficacious; making the interesting point that the parasite's medicinal benefits are determined in part by its host.
Source of Earliest Record:Shennong Bencao Jing
Properties and Functions:
Properties:Sweet in flavor, warm in nature, it is related to the liver, kidney and spleen channels.
Functions:Tonifys the kidney, preserves essence, nourishes the liver to improve vision and relieves diarrhea.
Being sweet, warm and moist in property, it functions in tonifying both kidney-yang and -yin, nourishing the liver and improving vision. As a tonic, it is not sticky and often serves to treat syndromes of deficiency of the kidney and hypopsia due to deficiency of both liver-and kidney-yin. In addition, it also functions in warming the spleen and arresting diarrhea, serving to treat chronic diarrhea due to spleen-deficiency.
- 1.Cuscuta chinensis.Dodder.Dodder seed extract Pharmacological Actions.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: