Prunella vulgaris All heal Selfheal Fruit-spike.immune stimulant and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Botanical Info of Prunella vulgaris.
- Prunella spike,Name Origin and Species.
- Plant Description of Prunella in General.
- Constituents and Phytochemicals of Prunella Valgaris and Prunella herb.
- History and Uses:Heal All,All Heal and Self Heal.
- Functions and Actions of Prunella spike.
- Prunella vulgaris Pharmaceutical Actions.
- Suggestions and Administrations:Prunella vulgaris.
- Research update:Prunella vulgaris.
Applications and Properties:
Astringent and antiseptic.Wounds healer.
Herpes infection.Reducing Liver-fire to brighten vision.Immune system booster.
Blood rheology.Lower blood pressure.Lower blood sugar.Lower blood cholesterol.
Acute cardiac infarction and the blood pressure.Cardiac muscle.
Uterus and gut effects.Diuretic.Bone marrow normoblast.
Thymus, the spleen and the adrenal glands.Clearing away evil fire and resolving mass.
The herb is often useful for treating liver disorders, and it has been prescribed by herbalists in cases of jaundice, hepatitis and general weakness of the liver. Prunella is beneficial for limited internal bleeding and can also be valuable in cases of diarrhea, flatulence and gastritis, as well as the expulsion of intestinal parasites. Prunella is believed to have antibacteria and strong antiviral properties; and in the treatment of Grave's disease, the herb has been effective in combination with Bugleweed.
Dosage Suggestions: 10-15 g,tyhe decoction can be orally taken at a dosage of 6-15g and large dosages up to 30g.
Safety and Toxicity:
Toxicity: Experiments show that at 10g/kg, Xia Ku Cao does not cause death to mice. Subacute toxicity tests on rats and dogs indicate that the herb does not affect their hemogram, nor does it harm the functions of the liver the kidney, or other vital internal organs. Ames test shows that the herb does not cause mutation.
- 1.Prunella vulgaris All heal Selfheal Fruit-spike.immune stimulant and anti-inflammatory effects.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: