Fennel.Fructus Foeniculi.Foeniculum vulgare Mill.Xiao Hui Xiang.
- Basic Botanical Info of Fennel.Fructus Foeniculi.
- What Is It?General Description of Fennel.
- Description of Fennel Plant(s) and Culture.
- History,Region of Fennel Origin.
- Fennel History and Modern Use.
- Traditional Ethnic Uses of Fennel.
- Fennel Legends, Myths and Stories.
- Chemistry and Pharmacology of Fennel.
- Fennel Medicinal Properties.
- Common Uses Of Fennel.
- Healing with Fennel.
- Fennel Formulas or Dosages,safety.
- Research Update:Fennel.Fructus Foeniculi.Foeniculum vulgare Mill.
Applications and Properties:
Driving away fleas.
Gentle cleanser and skin toner.
Treat abdominal pain with cold hernia.
Treat syndromes of qi stagnation.
The Commission E reported that fennel seed promotes gastrointestinal motility and in higher concentrations acts as an antispasmodic. In experiments, anethole and fenchone have been shown to have a secretolytic action in the respiratory tract. In the frog, aqueous fennel extracts raise the mucociliary activity of the ciliary epithelium.
Dosage:Extract: mix 10 to 20 drops in water. Use warm water and 1 tsp. honey for a soothing drink daily.
Safety and Toxicity:
Laboratory animals given 3000 milligrams of fennel extract per kilogram of weight showed no sign of toxicity.Fennel is included on the Food and Drug Administration's list of herbs generally regarded as safe. But because of its estrogenic effect, pregnant women should avoid medicinal amounts of the herb.Fennel seeds show certain level of mutagenic effects,avoid using large amount orally for long period.
Warning: Don't harvest fennel in the wild; it closely resembles poison hemlock, which can cause death if ingested.
- 1.Fennel.Fructus Foeniculi.Foeniculum vulgare Mill.Xiao Hui Xiang.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: