Bai Shu or Atractylodis Macrocephalae,a Miracle herb for deficiency and wind-cold-dampness arthralgia.
- Basic botanical information of Bai Shu or Atractylodis Macrocephalae.
- Plant morphology and distribution,cultivation matters.
- Atractylodes harvest storage,and traits!
- Chemical Constituents of Atractylodis Macrocephalae.
- Preparations of Atractylodes macrocephala.
- Pharmacological Action of Atractylodes macrocephala,and Safety.
- Property and Suggestions of Atractylodes macrocephala.
- Notes from Ancient Classics.
- Research Update:Atractylodis Macrocephalae.
Applications and Properties:
significant and long-lasting diuretic effect.
Strong or roborant effect.
Promote Hematopoietic Function.
Property and flavor:bitter;sweet,character warm.
Indications:nurish spleen and tonify Qi; moisten; antiperspirant; tocolysis. Main for spleen Qi weakness;fatigue and lassitude; eat less and abdominal distension;loose stools;difficulty in urination;edema;Phlegm vertigo;spontaneous perspiration due to deficiency of vital energy;threatened abortion.
Dosage:Oral taken as decoction,6 ~ 12g; or into cream paste,into pills, powder.
Safety and Toxicity:
Acute Toxicity:Mice intraperitoneal injection decoction median lethal dose(LD50) is 13.3 ± 0.7g/kg. Anesthetized dogs,intravenous decoction 0.25g/kg,most cases showed drastic blood pressure decline, the average result decreased to 52.8% of the original level,did not recover in 3-4 hours.
- 1.Bai Shu or Atractylodis Macrocephalae,a Miracle herb for deficiency and wind-cold-dampness arthralgia.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: