Griffonia Seed and 5-HTP (5-hydroxy tryptophan),the magic seed from African folk medicine not only play as effective replacement for tryptophan,but more.
- Basic Botanical Data of Griffonia simplicifolia.
- What is 5-HTP(5-HYDROXY TRYPTOPHAN)?.
- Pharmacology of 5-HTP(5-hydroxy tryptophan).
- Calming Neuro-Nutrient and Mood Enhancer.
- 5-Hydroxy L-Tryptophan (5-HTP)- regulates brain serotonin levels.
- What advantages does 5-HTP have over L-tryptophan?.
- What effect does 5-HTP have on weight loss?.
- How does 5-HTP compare with melatonin in the treatment of insomnia?.
- Has 5-HTP been studied in the treatment of depression?.
- 5-HTP for Migraine Headaches and Fibromyalgia.
- Can 5-HTP be taken with St. John's wort extract?.
- Are there any studies where 5-HTP was compared directly to antidepressant drugs?.
- 5-Hydroxy Tryptophan Rivals Prescription Drugs.
- The Common benefits of 5-HTP.
- Administration and Suggestions of 5-HTP.
- Research Update:Griffonia Seed and 5-hydroxy tryptophan.
What advantages does 5-HTP have over L-tryptophan?:
There are many advantages of 5-HTP over L-tryptophan. First of all, because it is one step closer to serotonin, 5-HTP is more effective than L-tryptophan. 5-HTP is also inherently safer. Although L-tryptophan is safe if properly prepared and free of the contaminants linked to severe allergic reaction known as eosinophilia myalgia syndrome (EMS), L-tryptophan is still produced with the help of bacterial fermentation (a situation that lends itself to contamination). In contrast, 5-HTP is isolated from a natural source - a seed from an African plant (Griffonia simplicifolia).
Evidence that this natural source of 5-HTP does not cause EMS is provided by researchers who have been using 5-HTP for over 25 years. They state that "EMS has never appeared in the patients of ours who received only uncontaminated L-tryptophan or 5-hydroxtryptophan (5-HTP)"(1). Furthermore, researchers at the NIH studying the effects 5-HTP for various metabolic conditions have also not observed a single case of EMS nor has a case of elevated eosinophils been attributed to 5-HTP in these studies.
- 1.Griffonia Seed and 5-HTP (5-hydroxy tryptophan),the magic seed from African folk medicine not only play as effective replacement for tryptophan,but more.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: