Griffonia Seed and 5-HTP (5-hydroxy tryptophan),the magic seed from African folk medicine not only play as effective replacement for tryptophan,but more.
- Basic Botanical Data of Griffonia simplicifolia.
- What is 5-HTP(5-HYDROXY TRYPTOPHAN)?.
- Pharmacology of 5-HTP(5-hydroxy tryptophan).
- Calming Neuro-Nutrient and Mood Enhancer.
- 5-Hydroxy L-Tryptophan (5-HTP)- regulates brain serotonin levels.
- What advantages does 5-HTP have over L-tryptophan?.
- What effect does 5-HTP have on weight loss?.
- How does 5-HTP compare with melatonin in the treatment of insomnia?.
- Has 5-HTP been studied in the treatment of depression?.
- 5-HTP for Migraine Headaches and Fibromyalgia.
- Can 5-HTP be taken with St. John's wort extract?.
- Are there any studies where 5-HTP was compared directly to antidepressant drugs?.
- 5-Hydroxy Tryptophan Rivals Prescription Drugs.
- The Common benefits of 5-HTP.
- Administration and Suggestions of 5-HTP.
- Research Update:Griffonia Seed and 5-hydroxy tryptophan.
Are there any studies where 5-HTP was compared directly to antidepressant drugs?
Yes, there are several. 5-HTP is equal to or better than standard antidepressant drugs and the side effects are much less severe. The study with the most significance was one that compared to fluvoxamine, a "selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor" like Prozac, Paxil, and Zoloft. In the study, subjects received either 5-HTP (100 mg) or fluvoxamine (50 mg) three times daily for 6 weeks. The percentage decrease in overall depression scores was slightly better in the 5-HTP group (60.7% vs. 56.1%). More patients responded to 5-HTP than fluvoxamine and 5-HTP was quicker acting than the fluvoxamine.
The real advantage of 5-HTP in this study was the low rate of side effect. Here is how the physicians described the differences among the two groups:
"Whereas the two treatment groups did not differ significantly in the number of patients sustaining adverse events, the interaction between the degree of severity and the type of medication was highly significant: fluvoxamine predominantly produced moderate to severe, oxitriptan [5-HTP] primarily mild forms of adverse effects."
The most common side effects with 5-HTP were nausea, heartburn, and gastrointestinal problems (flatulence, feelings of fullness, and rumbling sensations). These side effects were rated as being very mild to mild. In contrast, most of the side effects experienced in the fluvoxamine group were of moderate to severe intensity.
5-Hydroxytryptophan is manufactured as a supplement as a means of bypassing the first step in the production of the neurotransmitter Serotonin
- 1.Griffonia Seed and 5-HTP (5-hydroxy tryptophan),the magic seed from African folk medicine not only play as effective replacement for tryptophan,but more.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: