Jew's Ear or Juda's Ear?Black Fungus Auricularia auricula-judae and its Special features...
- Botanical Data of Black Fungus:Jew's Ear,Juda's Ear.
- Special features of Black Fungus:Jew's Ear,Juda's Ear..
- Jew's Ear Fungus,Auricularia auricula-judae: Differentiation between Judas's Ear and Jew's Ear.
- Jew's Ear Fungus:Name, Myth and legend.
- Origin of Black Fungus::Jew's Ear,Juda's Ear.
- Property,Functions and Applications of Black Fungus.
- Modern Researches Black Fungus:Jew's Ear,Juda's Ear.
- Research update:Auricularia auricula-judae.
Special features of Black Fungus:Jew's Ear,Juda's Ear..:
The name comes from the story that Judas Iscariot hung himself from an elder tree, and this type of fungi is often found growing on elder trees.
It is pale brown in colour, and really does resemble a human ear in both size, shape and texture. As it gets older it goes black and hard.
It is one of the few fungi which has the ability to withstand freezing temperatures. This is a useful attribute, since it develops new growths in January, which is normally the coldest month of the year in Britain. It can actually freeze solid, and when thawed out shows no ill effects.
The order Auriculariales comprises some 50 European species in a single family, the Auriculariaceae. The name comes from their family characteristic of being lobed rather like an ear. Apart from Auricularia auricula-judae (Jews Ear Fungus) very few of these are commonly encountered.
- 1.Jew's Ear or Juda's Ear?Black Fungus Auricularia auricula-judae and its Special features...
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: