White Peony Root,Radix Paeoniae Alba,Bai Shao and Red Peony Root,Radix Paeonia Rubra,Chi Shao,Origin,function,Phytochemicals and Modern Researches.
- Basic Botanical Data Identification of White Peony Root.Radix Paeoniae Alba.
- Botanical Description of White Peony Root.
- Botanical Description of Red Peony Root.Radix Paeonia Rubra.Chi Shao.
- Origin of of White Peony Root.Radix Paeoniae Alba.
- Phytochemicals and Constituents of of White Peony Root and Red Poeny Root.
- Functions of of White Peony Root.
- Common medicinal uses of of White Peony Root.
- Pharmacological Action of of White Peony Root.
- Pharmacological Action of of Red Peony Root.
- Uses and combinations of of White Peony Root.
- How to take of White Peony Root.
- Precautions and Cautions on Use of White Peony Root.
- Safety and Acute toxicity.
- Modern Researches of White Peony Root,Red Peony Root.Paeoniflorin and Peony Root Extract.
Applications and Properties:
Woman's tonic.Antitumor effect.
Arthritis.Protecting the liver.
Laxative effects.Activity of ATPase.
Counteracting herpes virus II.Protecting hepatic cells.
Effects on the proliferation of fibroblast in the skin.
Activity of tyrosinase.Delayed allergic reaction.
Preventing and treating experimental pulmonary hypertension.
Inducing carboxylesterase in microsomes.
Peony Root is a famous and highly prized blood tonic used to relax muscles and cleanse the blood. It is one of the most highly prized women's herbs used traditionally to help regulate the female hormonal cycle. It is also used as a pain reducing agent, and as an emotional stabilizer by women. It is said to relieve cramps and spasms anywhere in the body.
Dosage: White Poeny Root:5-10g (boiled in water for oral use);15-3O g. at large dosage. Decoction: 5-12g, large dosages can use up till 15-30g. Red Poeny Root Dosage:Decocting with 4-10g or making into pill or powder.
Safety and Toxicity:
Acute toxicity(LD50):White Poeny Root LD50 (mice): 81g/kg (oral/decoction), 125mg/kg (i.p./TGP), 3.53g/kg (paeoniflorin).Acute toxicity(LD50):Red Poeny Root MTD (mice/IV injection/water-based extract): 50g/kg. MLD (cats/IV injection/water-based extract): 186g/kg. LD50 (mice/abdominal injection): 4.6g/kg (Chi Shao D), 2.9g/kg (Chi Shao C), 10.8g/kg (Chi Shao A).
The herb should not be used alone in cases of yang exhaustion with cold manifestations of deficiency type. It is incompatible with black hellebore (Radix Veratri).Antagonistic to Radix Veratri. Should not be prescribed for pregnant women.
- 1.White Peony Root,Radix Paeoniae Alba,Bai Shao and Red Peony Root,Radix Paeonia Rubra,Chi Shao,Origin,function,Phytochemicals and Modern Researches.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: