Scrophulariae Radix:a cooling herb and holy herb for rootless fire!
- Basic Botanical Info of Radix Scrophulariae.
- Scrophularia Plant Descriptions.
- Scrophularia Plant Growing Habitat and Environment.
- Collecting,Preparation and Processing of Figwort Root.
- Phytochemicals of Scrophulariae Radix.
- Figwort Root:Applications and Cautions.
- Scrophulariae Radix:Pharmaceutical Effects.
- Classical Notes about Xuan Shen(Scrophulariae Radix).
- Research Update:Scrophulariae Radix.
Applications and Properties:
Characters: sweet; bitter; salty; slightly cold.
Meridian: enter into lung; stomach; kidney meridians.
clearing away heat and plays as an antidote; Yin replenishing herb. The Yin replenishing property of Scrophulariaceae can not be as strong as raw Rehmanniae root,but its power to cooling fire is bigger than raw rehmannia root.Scrophulariaceae can detoxify, used a lot for scrofulaceum and sore,but raw rehmannia root is good for Yin nourishing and blood nourishing,used more for Yin and blood deficiency symptoms.
Oral: decoction,9-15g; into pills, powder.
Topical: moderate, mush up or apply with powder.
Safety and Toxicity:
5g isolated total glycoside, low toxicity, the mouse acute LD50po value is 555mg/kg,LD50ip value is 323mg/kg.
- 1.Scrophulariae Radix:a cooling herb and holy herb for rootless fire!
♥The article and literature were edited by Herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals, including comprehensive information related, summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website https://www.mdidea.com and https://www.mdidea.net, we tried to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: