Scrophulariae Radix:a cooling herb and holy herb for rootless fire!
- Basic Botanical Info of Radix Scrophulariae.
- Scrophularia Plant Descriptions.
- Growing Habitat and Environment.
- Collecting,Preparation and Processing.
- Phytochemicals of Scrophulariae Radix.
- Applications and Cautions.
- Scrophulariae Radix:Pharmaceutical Effects.
- Classical Notes about Xuan Shen(Scrophulariae Radix).
- Research Update:Scrophulariae Radix.
Applications and Properties:
Characters: sweet; bitter; salty; slightly cold.
Meridian: enter into lung; stomach; kidney meridians.
clearing away heat and plays as an antidote; Yin replenishing herb. The Yin replenishing property of Scrophulariaceae can not be as strong as raw Rehmanniae root,but its power to cooling fire is bigger than raw rehmannia root.Scrophulariaceae can detoxify, used a lot for scrofulaceum and sore,but raw rehmannia root is good for Yin nourishing and blood nourishing,used more for Yin and blood deficiency symptoms.
Oral: decoction,9-15g; into pills, powder.
Topical: moderate, mush up or apply with powder.
Safety and Toxicity:
- 1.Scrophulariae Radix:a cooling herb and holy herb for rootless fire!
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: