Roselle Calyx or Hibiscus sabdariffa Calyx,an annual Hibiscus genus herb,its introduction and values.
- Roselle Calyx Basic Botanical Information.
- Hibiscus sabdariffa Brief Botanical Description.
- Collection and Storage,Raw Herb Identification:Hibiscus sabdariffa.
- Hibiscus sabdariffa Plant Morphological characteristics.
- Nutritional Values of Hibiscus sabdariffa Calyx.
- Roselle Calyx medicinal value.
- Roselle Calyx edible value.
- Roselle Calyx Taking precautions.
- Research Update:Roselle Calyx.
Collection and Storage,Raw Herb Identification:Hibiscus sabdariffa.
Harvest and Storage:
In mid and late of November, when the leaves became yellow and seed became black,cut off fruiting branches, then removal of the calyx together with the fruits,dry in the sun 1 day, pick out calyx once shrunked,put the calyx on clean straw mats or bamboo baskets,and dry in the sun.
Identification of raw medicinal herbs:
Character identification: the herb slightly conical or irregular in shape, length 2.5-4cm,diameter about 2cm,the calyx colored mauve to purple-black, 5-lobed, lobes lanceolate shape, the lower part visible and the calyx ending small bracts, about 10 crack,shape lanceolate,base has cavity after removal of fruit.Corolla yellow-brown,the outer surface has linear stripes, the base of the inner surface colored brown,occasionally sparse shag. Body light,crisp.Smells delicate fragrance,tastes sour.
- 1.Roselle Calyx or Hibiscus sabdariffa Calyx,an annual Hibiscus genus herb,its introduction and values.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: