Capejasmine Fruit.Fructus Gardeniae.
- Botanical Data Info of Capejasmine Fruit.
- Capejasmine Plant Description.
- Phytochemicals and Constituents of Capejasmine Fruit.
- Capejasmine Property and Effects:Capejasmine Fruit.
- Capejasmine Functions and Pharmacology Properties.
- Uses and Suggestions of Capejasmine Fruit.
- Capejasmine Fruit Tips.
- Research Update:Gardenia jaminoides Ellis or Capejasmine Fruit.
Uses and Suggestions of Capejasmine Fruit.:
1. Febrile diseases manifested as vexation, melancholia and restlessness: It is used together with prepared soybean, i.e.Decoction of Capejasmine and Fermented Soybean (Zhizi Chi Tang). If excessive noxious heat is present with symptoms of high fever, dysphooria, unconsciousness and delirium, it is often used with coptis root and scutellaria root, as in Antipyretic and Antitoxic Decoction (Qingwen Baidu Yin).
2. Stagnation of damp heat in the liver and gall bladder manifested as fever, jaundice, scanty dark urine, etc: It is often used with Oriental Wormwood, rhubarb and phellodendron bark, as in Oriental Wormwood Decoction (Yinchenhao Tang) and Decoction of Capejasmine and Phellodendron (ZhiziBaipi Tang).
3. Bleeding due to invasion of blood by pathogenic heat, such as hematemesis, epistaxis, dysentery with bloody stool and hematuria: It is often used with cogongrass rhizome, dried rehmannia root and scutellaria root.
4.Clearing away intense fire and relieving fidgets:
For the treatment of febrile disease with fidgets or irascibility, restlessness, it is often combined with Semen Sojae Preparatum, for the combination of these two drugs has the effect on reducing heart-fire and relieving fidgets. For the treatment of febrile disease with unconciousness and delirium due to abundance of heat-toxicant, it is often combined with the drugs for reducing heat, purging fire and relieving toxicants, such as Rhizoma Coptidis, Radix Scutellariae and Cortex Phellodendri; for hot eyes, dry mouth and thirst, fidgets, with Flos Chrysanthemi, Radix Scutellariae, Radix Glycyrrhizae, etc.
5.Clearing away heat and resolving dampness:
The drug having the functions of facilitating the flow of the bile and relieving jaundice, is indicated in jaundice due to damp-heat, accompanied with scanty urine in dark color; and for the treatment of jaundice, it is often with Herba Artemisiae Scopariae, Cortex Phellodendri, etc,; for the treatment of stranguria with bloody urine, painful micturition with hot sensation and with urine in dark color, with Radix Rehmanniae, Caulis Akebiae, Semen Plantaginis, etc.
6.Reducing heat in the blood and arresting hemorrhage:
For the treatment of spitting blood, epistaxis, dysentery with hematochezia, painful urination with hematuria, etc., it is often combined with drugs for reducing heat in the blood.
Besides, its powder mixed with vinegar can be used to treat injury or sprain, hematoma with pain and swelling; and it is often mixed with white of eggs and is used to treat scald and burn.
Dosage: 3-10 g
Cautions and Contraindications: The herb is contraindicated in cases with weakness of the spleen and diarrhea.
Toxicity and Safety:Geniposide
Acute Toxicity:Geniposide Mice.intravenous injection,Intraperitoneal Injection,Oral,at dosage 3g/kg.No toxic effects and death identified.Reference:by Liu Zhiqiang,etc.from Journal of Zhejiang Medical University.1988,17(5):221.
- 1.Capejasmine Fruit.Fructus Gardeniae.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: