Cyperus scariosus or Cyperus rotundus,an old famous Sedge from ancient Egypt and China.
- Basic Botanical Info of Cyperus scariosus.
- Botanical Description:Cyperus Origin Identification.
- Cyperus Root Phytochemicals and Constituents:.
- What is Sedge Paper:from an legacy.
- Pharmacology Administration Guide:Cyperus Root Documented Properties Actions.
- Pharmacology Administration Guide:Identified Pharmacological Property and Effect of Cyperus Root.
- Pharmacology Administration Guide:Pharmacological Effect of Prepared Cyperus Root.
- Pharmacology Administration Guide:Cyperus and Its Applications.
- Pharmacology Administration Guide:Cyperus Root Dosage and Administration Guide.
- Pharmacology Administration Guide:Cyperus Root Toxicity Study.
- Cyperus Traditional Applications:Literature Origins.
- Cyperus Traditional Applications:Traditional Cyperus Applications.
- Cyperus Traditional Applications:Use In Formulas.
- Cyperus Traditional Applications:Cyperus in Ayurvedic Medicine.
- Research update:Cyperus scariosus and Cyperus rotundus.
Applications and Properties:
Abdominal pain with cold hernia.
Irregular menstruation and dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation).
Distending pain in the breasts.
Women Problems,Relieve dysmenorrhea.Menstrual irregular.Premenstrual Stress.Amenorrhea.
Uterus effects.Analgesic effect.
Distending pain in the chest and hypochondria due to stagnation of the liver-qi.
Epigastric pain due to retention of cold, stagnation of qi and attack of the stomach by liver-qi.
Cyperus scarious is a delicate, slender small herb with deep brown aromatic tubers. The tubers are credited with astringent, diaphoretic, diuretic, desiccant, cordial and stomachic properties. A decoction of the tuber is used for washing hair, treating gonorrhea and syphilis. It is also given in diarrhea and for general weakness. .
Assists in maintaining genitourinary health. Nutgrass is a plant found southern India. Its rhizomes can penetrate through vegetable crops, asphalt paths, and plastic sheeting, giving it the distinction of being the worst weed for farmers and gardeners alike; however, it does have numerous medicinal qualities. The rhizome of Nutgrass contains flavonoids, alkaloids, saponins and fatty oils (glycerides).
Dosage: 5-12 g. Decoct this herb for oral administration.
Safety and Toxicity:
Cyperus volatile oil Acute Toxicity:LD50,Lethal dose,50 percent death,Mice.Interaperitonea Injection.:0.297+-0.019 ml/kg.Cyperus root toxicity is low,rat bearable for 25% or less mix ratio of feed with cyperus root as additives.Growth inhibited when add ratio reach to 30%~50%.The LD50 of cyperus ethanol extract under Interaperitonea Injection administration comes about 1500 mg/kg.Acute toxicity of Cyperus triterpene glycosides IV-B proved as:LD50.Mice,Interaperitonea Injection.50 mg/kg.LD50 data of cyperus volatile oil comes about 0.297+-0.019ml/kg
- 1.Cyperus scariosus or Cyperus rotundus,an old famous Sedge from ancient Egypt and China.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: