Nardostachys jatamansi Information and applications.
- Basic Botanical Info of Nardostachys.
- Plant Description: Nardostachys chinensis Batal and Nardostachys jatamansi DC.
- Nardostachys Characteristics and Constituents Phytochemicals.
- Actions,Uses and Administrations of Nardostachys.
- Pharmacological Properties of Nardostachys Root.
- Nardostachys Indication and Applications.
- History and Ancient China Classicals:Nardostachys.
- Research Update:Nardostachys chinensis Batal and Nardostachys jatamansi DC.
Applications and Properties:
Promote awareness and calm the mind/Mental Sedative Effects.
Central Nervous System Herb/Nervous and spasmodic symptoms.
Hair and Skin Benefit.
This spice in China registered as early as in the book Ben Cao Shi Yi,later books such as Hai Nan Ben Cao and Kai Bao Ben Cao,Zheng Lei Ben Cao noted:"Tu Jing ever noted,this herb available from today's Shu Zhou Jun(refer to Gui Zhou and Si Chuan province of today's China) and Liao Zhou (Xi Yang town of Shan Xi Province today). widely spread on mountain hillside and fields, slim as grass.";Ben Cao Gang Mu noted:"this herb origins from Song Zhou of Chuan Xi(Today's Song Pan town of Si Chuan province),taste sweet(Gan),thus got its name Gan Song"..."Gan Song smells fragrant and release property to inhibit depression,add some in recipes for spleen cure,evoke up spleen activity obviously." Gan Song material available on market today majorly from Song Pan and Li Xian town of Si Chuan province.
Dosage:Jatamansi comes in various forms and is an ingredient in many products. For best results, read and follow product label directions.
Safety and Toxicity:
Acute Toxicity: LD(50) of Jatamansone was found to be 80.3 mg/kg while in the case of quinidine it is 55 mg/kg. This shows that intravenous toxicity in mice in the case of Jatamansone is less than that with quinidine. Large doses of Jatamansone can cause vomiting and diarrhoea.
- 1.Nardostachys jatamansi Information and applications.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: