Verbena officinalis or Herb Venus,the old spice Vervain and Its Enchantment Use:From Black Magic to Christin Legend.
- Basic Botanical Info of Vervain.
- Plant and its Description:Verbena officinalis.
- Verbena officinalis Phytochemicals and Constituents.
- Therapeutics and Applications of Verbena officinalis.
- Verbena officinalis Pharmacological Effects.
- Traditional Uses in Brief:Verbena officinalis.
- Historical or traditional use of Verbena officinalis.
- Vervain and Its Enchantment Use:From charm to Black Magic and Christin Legend.
- Administration and Application Guide:Verbena officinalis.
- Research Update:Verbena officinalis.
Applications and Properties:
Galactagogue and emmenagogue action.
Glandular secretions action.
Witches.Purification.Protective against wound and evil.
Colds and fevers treatment.
Prevent heart diseases.
Female troubles treatment.Uterus Effects.
Anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect.
Antitussive effect.Hemostasis Effects.
Verbina Officinalis. Slightly bitter tisane is of very old usage as a digestive and sedative nightcap. Also in Chinese medicine. Aphrodisiac, said to "secure the favour of the ladies".
Vervain, the Herb of Enchantment, is a scentless perennial herb of the northern hemisphere that is also called Vervan, Van Van, Ferfaen, Verbein, Verbena, Verbinaca, Dragon's Claw, Enchanteris Plant, Tears of Isis, Junois Tears,Herba Veneris (herb of Venus),Persephonion,Demetria,Mercury's Moist Blood,Peristerium,Sagmina,Pigeon Grass,Pigeonwood,Frog-foot,Simpleris Joy, Columbine,Altar Plant, Herba Sacra or Herbe Sacree, Holy Plant, Herb of Cross, Holy Herb, and Herb of Grace. It meant Enchantment? in the old Language of Flowers.
Essential oil of vervain is used for creativity,success in artistic careers, obtaining material benefits, and helping warriors escape from their enemies. It is said to increase the power of magical tools when used to anoint them.
Dosage:Infusion:pour a cup of boiling water onto 1-3 teaspoonfuls of the dried herb and leave to infuse for 10-15 minutes. This should be drunk three times a day. Tincture: take 2-4ml of the tincture three times a day. Dried herb: 2-4g or by infusion;Liquid Extract: 1:1 in 25% alcohol, 2-4ml
Safety and Toxicity:
Caution:It should be avoided during pregnancy because it is a uterine stimulant, but it may be taken during labour to stimulate contractions. Blue vervain should be avoided if there is a history of heart disease. Do not use tinctures for liver disorders. Use only the hot water method of extraction.It can cause vomiting in high doses.
- 1.Verbena officinalis or Herb Venus,the old spice Vervain and Its Enchantment Use:From Black Magic to Christin Legend.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: