What is Uva Ursi Arctostaphylos uva-ursi?Its History,Phytochemicals,Mode of Action and Magic Superstition?
- Basic Botanical Info:What is Uva Ursi,Arctostaphylos uva-ursi?
- Uva Ursi Plant Description and History.
- Phytochemicals and Constituents:Uva Ursi Bearberry.
- Parts Used Medicinally:Uva Ursi Bearberry.
- Medicinal Uses of Uva Ursi Bearberry.
- Uva Ursi Benefits in Brief.
- Mode of Action:Uva Ursi Mechanism and How it works?.
- Specific Indications and Uses:Uva Ursi Additional Information.
- Uva Ursi Bearberry in Magic and Superstition.
- Administration and Application Guide:Uva Ursi .
- Research Update:Uva Ursi and Arbutin.
Applications and Properties:
Reducing accumulations of uric acid in the body.
Kidney and urinary bladder inflammation.
Bladder and kidneys.
Treat infections such as cystitis, urethritis and nephritis.
Promote the growth of allatoin.
Soothing and tissue-repairing properties.
PMS related bloating feeling.
Weight loss and urine flow.
High Blood Pressure.
Bed wetting problems.
Like many other herbs, Uva Ursi has a long history of effective use. From the Middle Ages, the herbals indicate that Uva Ursi was a reliable diuretic effectively used in urinary infection. By the end of the 1700's it had become official in the London Pharmacopoeia. Uva Ursi, commonly known as Bearberry, has a long history of use as an herbal tonic for urinary tract health. It stimulates the kidneys and the bladder, and nourishes the entire urinary tract. Uva Ursi is a woman's favorite for promoting water-weight balance.
Like many other herbs, Uva Ursi has a long history of effective use. From the Middle Ages, the herbals indicate that Uva Ursi was a reliable diuretic effectively used in urinary infection. By the end of the 1700's it had become official in the London Pharmacopoeia.
Dosage: Powder - 20 - 60 grains;Infusion - 3 - 5 oz;Tincture - 10 - 20 drops;Fluid extract - 1/2 - 1 tsp;Average dose - 2.0 gram
Safety and Toxicity:
Note: Because it has the potential to cause kidney, liver, or stomach damage, uva ursi should be taken no longer than 5 days at a time. Its oral use should be limited to only a few times a year, as well.
Arbutin:Reproductive Data.TDLo - Lowest published toxic dose.Oral.Rodent - rat,13600 mg/kg.Sex/Duration: female 14 day(s) pre-mating,female 20 day(s) after conception.Toxic Effects:Reproductive - Maternal Effects - ovaries, fallopian tubes;Reproductive - Effects on Embryo or Fetus - fetotoxicity (except death, e.g., stunted fetus).
- 1.What is Uva Ursi Arctostaphylos uva-ursi?Its History,Phytochemicals,Mode of Action and Magic Superstition?
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: