Angelica dahurica is a perennial herb,Bai Zhi is the root of Angelica dahurica Fisch. ex Hoffm. Benth. et Hook.f.
- Basic Botanical Info:Angelica dahurica.
- Botanical Descriptions:Bai Zhi.
- Angelica dahurica Characters and Identifications.
- Preparation Methods of Angelica dahurica.
- Angelica dahurica Constituents and Phytochemicals.
- Archeology and Classical Note:Angelica dahurica.
- Angelica dahurica Pharmacological Study.
- Toxicity and Safety Study:Angelica dahurica.
- Angelica dahurica Administrations and Applications.
- Research Update:Angelica dahurica.
Applications and Properties:
Antipyretic and analgesic effects.
Photosensitive role/vitiligo treatment.
Perennial herb, 1 to 2 meters high.Root cone shape,4 Prism. Stem 4 to 7 cm in diameter, stems and leaves are yellow-green. Leaves crossing; bottom of the stem, petiole length, hold the stem and basal sheath, 2-3 to split the plumes, the entire deep fissure or crack, the final segment wide oval to oval or long oval, pointed tip, the sharp edge Serrated. Under the base of a stem extension, no hair or vein on the hair;Small leaves central stem; upper leaf oval cystic only a few of the vagina.Bracts small total of about 5 mm, usually shorter than the small, scattered, stems; complex umbrella of Health inflorescence Sophie short hair; calyx absent; petals of yellow-green; stamens 5, filament long petals than 1.5 to 2 times; style yellow or green base yellow.
Dosage:3~9 grams in general. Decoction,2~5g;pills,0.5~1 grams,topical use proper amount.Oral: Water decoction, 0.8 ~ 2 qian(4~10grams) or made as a pill, powder. Topical: powdered withdraw.
Safety and Toxicity:
Bai Zhi Ether extract oral mice LD50 value:5.382 g / kg; Hang Baizhi decoction oral mice LD50 value: 41.97g/kg;Rats intramuscular Methoxsalen LD50 value:160 mg/kg, isoimperatorin B LD50 value:335mg/kg,Bergapten LD50 value :945 mg/kg.
Cautions:No use for Yin deficiency and blood heat.
- 1.Angelica dahurica is a perennial herb,Bai Zhi is the root of Angelica dahurica Fisch. ex Hoffm. Benth. et Hook.f.
♥The article and literature was edited by herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of online descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals,including comprehensive information related,summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website www.mdidea.com and www.mdidea.net,we tried best to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: