Black Pepper Planting and Production.
- Botanical Information of Black Pepper.
- Habitat,Cultivation and Origin of Piper nigrum.
- Black Pepper Planting and Production.
- Black Pepper:Description,Varieties and Ethno-botanical Uses.
- History of Black Pepper and its Medicinal Use.
- Table Black Peper,Coarse Black Pepper.
- Black Pepper Directions:Common use,healing qualities and cooking tips.
- Recipe and Spice Uses of Black Pepper.
- Phytochemicals and Constituents,Nutrients Analysis of Black Pepper.
- Black Pepper:its Health Benefits,Traditional and Medicinal Uses and Applications,Pharmacological Properties.
- Administration and Suggestions of Black Pepper.
- Research Update: Black pepper or Piper nigrum L.
Black Pepper Planting and Production.:
Today, the major commercial producers of pepper are India and Indonesia. The most important producers are India before Indonesia, which together account for about 50% of the whole production volume.
In trade, the pepper grades are identified by their origin. The most important Indian grades are Malabar and Tellicherry (Thalassery). The Malabar grade is regular black pepper with a slightly greenish hue, while Tellicherry is a special product (see below). Both Indian black peppers, but especially the Tellicherry grade, are very aromatic and pungent. In the past, Malabar pepper was also traded under names like Goa or Aleppi. Cochin is the pepper trade center in India.
In South East Asia, the most reputated proveniences for black pepper are Sarawak in insular Malaysia and Lampong from Sumatra/Indonesia. Both produce small-fruited black pepper that takes on a greyish colour during storage; both have a less-developed aroma, but Lampong pepper is pretty hot. Sarawak pepper is mild and often described fruity. Black pepper from other countries where it has been introced to more recently is named after the trade center (Bangkok, Saigon); these proveniences are less valued, as they vary in heat and lack the complex aroma found in Indian and (to lesser degree) Malesian cultivars.
The most important source of white pepper is the small Indonesian island Bangka, south east of Sumatra.The peppercorns are named Muntok after the island's main port. Smaller amounts of white pepper are produced in Sarawak, which is particularily light-coloured; the best quality is known as Sarawak Cream Label. There is also Brazil white pepper, but it has a poorer flavour and is, therefore, less reputated in the international trade.
Brazil produces black, white and green peppercorns; the pepper is grown along the Amazonas river in the state of Para, where the paracress comes from. Brazil almost holds a monopoly for green pepper as the original production in Madagascar has declined. Brazil black and white pepper are quite mild. All Brazil pepper is named after its main port, Belem.
- 1.Black Pepper,Black Pepper Seed,Piper nigrum,Piper:the Kind of spices,one of the oldest and the most popular spice in the world.
♥The article and literature were edited by Herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals, including comprehensive information related, summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website https://www.mdidea.com and https://www.mdidea.net, we tried to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: