Common Anemarrhena Rhizome or Zhi Mu,a traditional herb used for discharging internal heat and bone steaming,wasting thirst and exogenous febrile disease.
- Basic Botanical Info of Anemarrhena asphodeloides.
- Plant Description and Characteristics of Anemarrhena asphodeloides.
- Habitat Distribution and Growth habit of Anemarrhena asphodeloides.
- Rhizoma Anemarrhenae:Harvest and Gathering,Classification,Shape and properties,Preparation Method.
- Main Chemical Constituents of the Rhizoma Anemarrhenae(Zhi Mu).
- Pharmaceutical Effects of Rhizoma Anemarrhenae(Zhi Mu).
- Rhizoma Anemarrhenae(Zhi Mu):Suggestions and Administrations.
- Food therapy of the herb Rhizoma Anemarrhenae(Zhi Mu).
- Research Update:Rhizoma Anemarrhenae(Zhi Mu).
Applications and Properties:
Inhibit Pathogenic Microorganism.
Blood Sugar and Hypoglycemic activity.
Tefreshing and enriching the saliva,
Moisturizing dryness syndrome,
Nourish Yin and moisture dryness,
Quench thirst and relieve anxiety.
Indications:clearing heat and antipyretic,moistening fluid.For exogenous fever,high fever,polydipsia,hyperactivity dry cough,bone steaming or hectic fever,hot flashes,internal heat and wasting thirst(diabetes),intestinal dry constipation.
Property and flavor:bitter,sweet,cold.
Channel tropism:enter lung,stomach,kidney meridians.
Inhibit Pathogenic Microorganism
Inhibition of Mycobacterium tuberculosis
Inhibition of pathogenic dermatophytes
Effect on Corticosteroids
Effect on Blood Sugar and Hypoglycemic activity
The herb Rhizoma Anemarrhenae(Common Anemarrhena Rhizome,Zhi Mu) taste bitter,sweet,nature cold.Enter into lung,stomach,kidney meridians.
In the TCM system,the herb Rhizoma Anemarrhenae(Common Anemarrhena Rhizome,Zhi Mu) indicated for various conditions such like exogenous febrile disease,seasonal febrile disease,ardent fever polydipsia(hyperpyrexia anxiety and thirsty),cough due to lung heat and dryness,cough with asthma,dryness cough,dysphoria insomnia(restlessness of deficiency type without sleep),osteopyrexia and fever,endogenous heat and consumptive thirst(drinking and urine,symptom-complex of excessive eating),consumptive thirst(drinking and urine,symptom-complex of excessive eating) with turbid strangury,constipation due to intestinal dryness,etc.
In the TCM system,the herb dosage suggested internal as decoction 5~12 grams,or into pellets,powder;better use raw for heat clearing or Yin nourishment and moisture dryness,better fry with saline water for kidney Yin nourishment and clearing heat.
Safety and Toxicity:
Anemarrhena Cautions:the herb should be paid cases deficiency cold of spleen stomach,sloppy diarrhea should Not take the herb.
- 1.Common Anemarrhena Rhizome or Zhi Mu,a traditional herb used for discharging internal heat and bone steaming,wasting thirst and exogenous febrile disease.
♥The article and literature were edited by Herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals, including comprehensive information related, summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website https://www.mdidea.com and https://www.mdidea.net, we tried to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: