Corn Silk and Its Fascinating Uses.
- Basic Botanical Information of Corn Silk,Stigmata Maidis.
- Corn Silk or Stigmata Maidis:Botanical Description.
- Stigmata Maidis or Corn Silk:Phytochemicals and Constituents.
- Nutrition of Corn Silk,Stigmata Maidis.
- Common Uses of Corn Silk,Stigmata Maidis.
- Therapeutic Actions and Pharmacology of Stigmata Maidis,Corn Silk.
- Stigmata Maidis,Corn Silk:Administration Guide and Suggestions.
- Research Update:Corn Silk,Stigmata Maidis.
Applications and Properties:
Cholesterol:Corn Silk reduces hypertension and reduces blood clotting time.
Cure prostate problems.
Bladder and kidney.
Indications:Corn Silk Helpful in any irritation of the urinary system; used for renal problems in children; combined with other herbs for cystitis, urethritis, prostates.Catarrhalcystitis, lithaemia (stones), bladder irritation, gonorrhoea, all catarrhal conditions of the urinary passages, dropsies due to heart disease, edema.
Nutrition Value:high amounts of silicon, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron and phosphorus,excellent source of B vitamins and PABA.
Along with chlorophyll, resin and a fixed oil, maizenic acid is the active principle in cornsilk. Vitamin K is used by the body's mechanism that controls bleeding.
Dosage:Dried: 2-8g or in infusion,Liquid Extract: 1:1 in 25% alcohol, 4-8ml;Tincture: 1:5 in 25% alcohol,5-15ml;Syrup BPC (1923) 8-15ml.
Safety and Toxicity:
Caution:No contraindications are known.Cornsilk appears to be a very, very safe herb. There is scanty research information on cornsilk (and cornsilk tablets) but there is hardly any anecdotal info as to cornsilk usage problems.
- 1.Corn Silk and Its Fascinating Uses.
♥The article and literature were edited by Herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals, including comprehensive information related, summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website https://www.mdidea.com and https://www.mdidea.net, we tried to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: