Citrus aurantium and Synephrine.
- Basic Botanical Information of Citrus Aurantium.
- Botanical Descriptions of Citrus Aurantium.
- Citrus Aurantium Phytochemicals and Constituents.
- Historical or traditional use and Ethnobotany:worldwide uses of Citrus Aurantium.
- Citrus Aurantium Current Uses and Practice.
- Bitter Orange for Better Health.
- Bitter Orange for Weight Loss.
- Pharmacological and clinical research of Citrus Aurantium.
- Citrus Aurantium Administration guide and Applications.
- Research Update:Citrus Aurantium.
Applications and Properties:
Digestion stimulate and relieves flatulence.
Bitter orange is used similarly in a wide variety of traditions. In Mexico and South America the leaf is used as a tonic, as a laxative, as a sedative for insomnia, and to calm frazzled nerves. The peel of the fruit is used for stomach aches and high blood pressure. The Basque people in Europe use the leaves for stomach aches, insomnia, and palpitations and the bitter orange peel as an anti-spasmodic. In traditional Chinese medicine, the peel of the immature fruit is used for indigestion, abdominal pain, constipation, and dysenteric diarrhea. Where the patient is weak, the milder, mature fruit is used similarly.6 Bitter orange continues to be widely used for insomnia and indigestion in many parts of the world.
Dosage:Many health professionals recommend 1 to 2 grams of dried bitter orange peel simmered for 10 to 15 minutes in a cup of water. Three cups are usually recommended as a daily dosage. As a tincture, 2 to 3 ml is usually recommended, also to be taken three times a day.
Safety and Toxicity:
Decoctions of bitter orange substantially increased blood levels of cyclosporine, causing toxicity.
Bitter orange contains synephrine and octopamine,these chemicals may cause high blood pressure (hypertension) and heart rhythm disturbances (arrhythmias), which can lead to heart attack, stroke and even death.
- 1.Citrus aurantium and Synephrine.
♥The article and literature were edited by Herbalist of MDidea Extracts Professional.It runs a range of descriptions about the titled herb and related phytochemicals, including comprehensive information related, summarized updating discoveries from findings of herbalists and clinical scientists from this field.The electronic data information published at our official website https://www.mdidea.com and https://www.mdidea.net, we tried to update it to latest and exact as possible.
♣ last edit date: